Help on the long-run
Disaster relief usually takes either a few days or 1 or 2 weeks. Rehabilitation, however, can take up to months or even years. During this period, the Hungarian Red Cross provides support for the affected residents and their communities in order to help them return to their peaceful and normal life.
We participate in the rehabilitation in a coordinated manner set by the National Humanitarian Coordination Council. We rely on local members of our movement, as well as on local volunteers who know the communities well.
The way we help:
- we provide food and cleaning aid to the victims of the disaster
- we are involved in the restoration, reconstruction or replacement of properties
- we provide legal aid in order to protect victims
- we provide help in the repair and replacement of moveable properties
- we help individuals to process the loss they experienced
- we take part in the restoration of the communities