It’s in your blood
Our most well-known activity is the recruitment of blood donors. We carry out this activity in cooperation with the Hungarian National Blood Transfusion Service. We need to recruit around 1 800 blood donors daily to provide safe blood supply for surgeries, for casualties, and for the treatment of patients in need of blood products and transfusion.
With a single donation you can save up to three patients. From the blood drawn plasma products, red blood cell concentration and plaque concentration are prepared.
Blood donations also have a positive impact on the donors’ health. You will find out your own blood type, but the obligatory screening tests also reveal positive results for HIV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and Syphilis as well.
- 9 860 blood donation events
- 377 042 blood donors
- 1 131 126 saved lives
You can be a blood donor if:
- you feel healthy
- you have all the documents and data required for the registration
- you are aged between 18 and 65
- you weigh at least 50 kg
- tattoos and piercings are not a problem if you got them at least half a year ago
- during the medical examination prior to the blood donation the doctor allows you to donate blood
Required documents for blood donation:
- residence card
- ID card or a driver’s license with a photo
- Social Security Number (the original card or a copy of the card is needed the first time, afterwards, any document, medical record containing the Social Security Number, or the word of the donor can be accepted)
Browse comfortably between our blood donations and download our blood donation app:
- More information and locations for blood donations can be found at Go to page